About Duane Stark
Duane was born and raised in Southern Oregon. He completed his bachelor's degree at University of Oregon and received his masters from Multnomah University. His is a relentless community advocate and planner, coordinating volunteers and non-profits to work together with local government. Duane has been married for more than 10 years and has three children. He and his wife are proud foster and adoptive parents.
Occupation: Pastor of Local and Global Outreach at River Valley Community Church
Occupational Background: Community Service Supervisor, Inner-City At-Risk-Youth Director, Supervisor for Residential Psychiatric Treatment Center, Fitness Club Manager, Personal Trainer, Drafter and Sheet Metal Fabricator.
Educational Background: M.A from Multnomah University, B.S., from University of Oregon
Prior Governmental Experience: Legislative Assistant for State Representative Dennis Richardson, Citizen Corps Council, FireWise Advisory Committee
- Organizer of SERVE GP - a massive annual community service project
- Director of A.C.T. Southern Oregon (Abolish Child Trafficking)
- Director of K.I.D.S. In Uganda (6 Orphan Rescue Units with 1000+ orphans)
- Director of three local outreach programs to help our neighbors in need:
- Car Care from the Heart (oil change and car care for widows, single moms and military wives)
- Helping Hands (handyman ministry for those in need)
- Wood Cutting Ministry (providing wood to those in need)